- 1 Is parking lifted in Gainesville?
- 2 Where can I park in midtown Gainesville?
- 3 What is there to do in downtown Gainesville?
- 4 Is UF parking free on weekends?
- 5 How much is long term parking at Gainesville airport?
- 6 Where can I park at UF?
- 7 Is parking lifted during finals UF?
- 8 What can you do in Gainesville for free?
- 9 Does Gainesville have a downtown area?
- 10 What is considered downtown Gainesville?
Is parking lifted in Gainesville?
UF Parking and Transportation Decal restricted hours for most lots and garages on campus are 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday. Decal restrictions are lifted outside these hours and on weekends and University holidays.
Where can I park in midtown Gainesville?
Parking in Midtown Gainesville You can also park in the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium parking lot after 4pm during the week, no parking decal required. There are plenty of spaces, and you’ll be right across the street from Midtown. Parking in this lot is pretty relaxed during the weekend, and you can park there any time.
What is there to do in downtown Gainesville?
You’ll Love These 11 Things to Do in Downtown Gainesville, FL
- Cade Museum. The Cade Museum is a great way to start your day in Gainesville.
- Depot Park.
- Matheson History Museum.
- Union Street Station.
- Third House Books & Coffee.
- Boca Fiesta.
- Manuel’s Vintage Room.
- The Arcade Bar.
Is UF parking free on weekends?
Vehicles without a valid UF parking decal may pay a daily fee to park in the Reitz Union/Welcome Center Garage, or pay to park in metered spaces around campus. Decal restrictions are lifted on weekends and University holidays. Some decal restrictions are also lifted during certain times of year.
How much is long term parking at Gainesville airport?
The rates for parking in Long-term are $1/0-30 minutes, $2/30-min to 2 hours, $6/3-4 hours, $8/4-5 hours, $9/day, and $55/week.
Where can I park at UF?
Visitors to the University of Florida campus may find pay parking accommodations at the UF Visitor Welcome Center parking garage, located just south of the Reitz Union at the corner of Museum Road and Reitz Union Drive.
Is parking lifted during finals UF?
All other decal restrictions, metered spaces and toll areas are lifted (not enforced), unless otherwise posted. University Holidays: Gold, Silver, Brown, Shands South and reserved space restrictions remain in effect. All other decal restrictions, meters and toll areas are lifted unless otherwise posted.
What can you do in Gainesville for free?
Don’t Break the Bank and Enjoy These 5 Free Things to Do in Gainesville, FL
- Hike the Trail at Alfred A. Ring Park.
- Have a Picnic at Depot Park.
- Tour the Florida Museum of Natural History.
- Visit the Matheson Museum.
- Go Bird and Alligator Watching at the Sweetwater Wetlands Park.
Does Gainesville have a downtown area?
Gainesville’s Downtown is the symbolic heart of the city. A quintessentially quaint tight-knit gathering of shops, restaurants, theatres and parks it somehow pulls off always feeling lively, yet open and personal at the same time. By day, walk down tree-lined streets, draped lazily with Spanish moss.
What is considered downtown Gainesville?
Just east of the University of Florida, downtown Gainesville is considered the area around University Avenue and Main Street. It has much to offer visitors during the day and even more at night.