- 1 What is there to do in Gainesville tonight?
- 2 What to do in downtown Gainesville fl?
- 3 Is there a downtown in Gainesville?
- 4 How far is Gainesville from the beach?
- 5 Is Gainesville worth visiting?
- 6 What can you do in Gainesville for free?
- 7 What is there to do in Gainesville at night?
- 8 What is Gainesville known for?
- 9 Is Gainesville FL safe?
- 10 Is downtown Gainesville Ga safe?
- 11 What is in Gainesville FL?
- 12 Does Gainesville have a beach?
- 13 How far is Gainesville from Disney?
- 14 Are there alligators in Gainesville Florida?
What is there to do in Gainesville tonight?
Things To Do In Gainesville
- Florida Museum Of Natural History. Dallas Krentzel / flickr.
- Devil’s Millhopper Geological State Park. Rough Tough, Real Stuff / flickr.
- Kika Silva Pla Planetarium.
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park.
- Downtown Gainesville.
- Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation.
- Lake Alice.
- Depot Park.
What to do in downtown Gainesville fl?
You’ll Love These 11 Things to Do in Downtown Gainesville, FL
- Cade Museum. The Cade Museum is a great way to start your day in Gainesville.
- Depot Park.
- Matheson History Museum.
- Union Street Station.
- Third House Books & Coffee.
- Boca Fiesta.
- Manuel’s Vintage Room.
- The Arcade Bar.
Is there a downtown in Gainesville?
Just east of the University of Florida, downtown Gainesville is considered the area around University Avenue and Main Street. It has much to offer visitors during the day and even more at night.
How far is Gainesville from the beach?
Flagler Beach Flagler Beach is about an hour and forty-five minutes away from Gainesville. The seven-mile stretch of beach means that there is more than enough room for locals and visitors to spread out.
Is Gainesville worth visiting?
Why You Should Visit Gainesville, Florida As the home of the University of Florida’s main campus, Gainesville has plenty of the things you’d expect from a college town: trendy restaurants, a hot nightlife, sporting events, and world-class museums. This makes day-tripping to or from Gainesville very convenient.
What can you do in Gainesville for free?
Don’t Break the Bank and Enjoy These 5 Free Things to Do in Gainesville, FL
- Hike the Trail at Alfred A. Ring Park.
- Have a Picnic at Depot Park.
- Tour the Florida Museum of Natural History.
- Visit the Matheson Museum.
- Go Bird and Alligator Watching at the Sweetwater Wetlands Park.
What is there to do in Gainesville at night?
7 Things to do in Gainesville FL at Night
- Space Ultra Lounge. If you are looking for fun things to do in Gainesville at night, look no further than the Space Ultra Lounge.
- Arcade Bar.
- Florida Fun Bikes.
- First Magnitude Brewing Company.
- Kava Bar and Hookah Lounge.
- Rockeys Dueling Piano Bar.
What is Gainesville known for?
Known for its preservation of historic buildings and the beauty of its natural surroundings, Gainesville’s numerous parks, museums and lakes provide entertainment to thousands of visitors. Because of its beautiful landscape and urban “forest,” Gainesville is one of the most attractive cities in Florida.
Is Gainesville FL safe?
Is Gainesville, FL Safe? The F grade means the rate of crime is much higher than the average US city. Gainesville is in the 1st percentile for safety, meaning 99% of cities are safer and 1% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Gainesville’s proper boundaries only.
Is downtown Gainesville Ga safe?
Gainesville is in the 22nd percentile for safety, meaning 78% of cities are safer and 22% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Gainesville is 42.78 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Gainesville generally consider the northwest part of the city to be the safest.
What is in Gainesville FL?
Top Attractions in Gainesville
- Butterfly Rainforest. 1,200.
- Florida Museum of Natural History. 981.
- Kanapaha Botanical Gardens. 457.
- Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation. 220.
- Paynes Prairie. 474.
- University of Florida Bat House. 431.
- Sweetwater Wetlands Park. 215.
- University of Florida. 343.
Does Gainesville have a beach?
Although there aren’t many beaches in Gainesville to take your loved ones, there are tons of coastlines near it that provide the perfect escape, like Jacksonville Beach. At this beach near Gainesville, you can have a relaxing time doing many activities.
How far is Gainesville from Disney?
The distance between Gainesville and Walt Disney World is 97 miles. The road distance is 112.3 miles.
Are there alligators in Gainesville Florida?
Live alligators There are places in Gainesville, Florida, where you can see free-roaming alligators from an entirely safe vantage point. The La Chua Trail in Paynes Prairie State Park has an elevated boardwalk that allows viewers to safely watch alligators in the wild of their natural habitat.