- 1 What is there to do in Gainesville at night?
- 2 What is there to do in downtown Gainesville at night?
- 3 What is there to do in Gainesville tonight?
- 4 What is there to do in downtown Gainesville?
- 5 How far is Gainesville from the beach?
- 6 What can you do in Gainesville for free?
- 7 Does Gainesville FL have a downtown?
- 8 What is Gainesville known for?
- 9 Is Gainesville FL safe?
- 10 Is Gainesville worth visiting?
- 11 Does Gainesville have a beach?
- 12 What is the crime rate in Gainesville FL?
- 13 What is good in Gainesville?
- 14 Are there alligators in Gainesville Florida?
- 15 Where can I see alligators in Gainesville?
What is there to do in Gainesville at night?
7 Things to do in Gainesville FL at Night
- Space Ultra Lounge. If you are looking for fun things to do in Gainesville at night, look no further than the Space Ultra Lounge.
- Arcade Bar.
- Florida Fun Bikes.
- First Magnitude Brewing Company.
- Kava Bar and Hookah Lounge.
- Rockeys Dueling Piano Bar.
What is there to do in downtown Gainesville at night?
Best fun things to do at night in Gainesville, FL
- Arcade Bar. 2.3 mi. $ Dive Bars, Arcades.
- Lightnin’ Salvage. 3.9 mi.
- Painting with a Twist. 2.7 mi.
- Bo Diddley Downtown Community Plaza. 2.4 mi.
- Florida Museum Of Natural History. 1.4 mi.
- Hippodrome State Theatre. 2.4 mi.
- Newberry Cornfield Maze. 11.5 mi.
- High Dive. 2.2 mi.
What is there to do in Gainesville tonight?
Things To Do In Gainesville
- Florida Museum Of Natural History. Dallas Krentzel / flickr.
- Devil’s Millhopper Geological State Park. Rough Tough, Real Stuff / flickr.
- Kika Silva Pla Planetarium.
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park.
- Downtown Gainesville.
- Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation.
- Lake Alice.
- Depot Park.
What is there to do in downtown Gainesville?
You’ll Love These 11 Things to Do in Downtown Gainesville, FL
- Cade Museum. The Cade Museum is a great way to start your day in Gainesville.
- Depot Park.
- Matheson History Museum.
- Union Street Station.
- Third House Books & Coffee.
- Boca Fiesta.
- Manuel’s Vintage Room.
- The Arcade Bar.
How far is Gainesville from the beach?
Flagler Beach Flagler Beach is about an hour and forty-five minutes away from Gainesville. The seven-mile stretch of beach means that there is more than enough room for locals and visitors to spread out.
What can you do in Gainesville for free?
Don’t Break the Bank and Enjoy These 5 Free Things to Do in Gainesville, FL
- Hike the Trail at Alfred A. Ring Park.
- Have a Picnic at Depot Park.
- Tour the Florida Museum of Natural History.
- Visit the Matheson Museum.
- Go Bird and Alligator Watching at the Sweetwater Wetlands Park.
Does Gainesville FL have a downtown?
Gainesville’s Downtown is the symbolic heart of the city. A quintessentially quaint tight-knit gathering of shops, restaurants, theatres and parks it somehow pulls off always feeling lively, yet open and personal at the same time.
What is Gainesville known for?
Known for its preservation of historic buildings and the beauty of its natural surroundings, Gainesville’s numerous parks, museums and lakes provide entertainment to thousands of visitors. Because of its beautiful landscape and urban “forest,” Gainesville is one of the most attractive cities in Florida.
Is Gainesville FL safe?
Is Gainesville, FL Safe? The F grade means the rate of crime is much higher than the average US city. Gainesville is in the 1st percentile for safety, meaning 99% of cities are safer and 1% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Gainesville’s proper boundaries only.
Is Gainesville worth visiting?
Why You Should Visit Gainesville, Florida As the home of the University of Florida’s main campus, Gainesville has plenty of the things you’d expect from a college town: trendy restaurants, a hot nightlife, sporting events, and world-class museums. This makes day-tripping to or from Gainesville very convenient.
Does Gainesville have a beach?
Although there aren’t many beaches in Gainesville to take your loved ones, there are tons of coastlines near it that provide the perfect escape, like Jacksonville Beach. At this beach near Gainesville, you can have a relaxing time doing many activities.
What is the crime rate in Gainesville FL?
With a crime rate of 45 per one thousand residents, Gainesville has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22.
What is good in Gainesville?
Top Attractions in Gainesville
- Butterfly Rainforest. 1,200.
- Florida Museum of Natural History. 981.
- Kanapaha Botanical Gardens. 457.
- Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation. 220.
- Paynes Prairie. 474.
- University of Florida Bat House. 431.
- Sweetwater Wetlands Park. 215.
- University of Florida. 343.
Are there alligators in Gainesville Florida?
Live alligators There are places in Gainesville, Florida, where you can see free-roaming alligators from an entirely safe vantage point. The La Chua Trail in Paynes Prairie State Park has an elevated boardwalk that allows viewers to safely watch alligators in the wild of their natural habitat.
Where can I see alligators in Gainesville?
Where to See Alligators in Gainesville
- La Chua Trail. A peaceful nature walk along the La Chua Trail, located in the Paynes Prairie Preserve is always a delight.
- Sweetwater Wetlands Park. This man-made wetlands habitat is a lush environment that is thriving with all kinds of life, including alligators!
- Lake Alice.