- 1 Is Ocala FL a good place to live?
- 2 Is Ocala a safe city?
- 3 Is Ocala north of Gainesville?
- 4 How far apart are Gainesville and Orlando?
- 5 What is Ocala famous for?
- 6 Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
- 7 What is the best area of Ocala to buy home?
- 8 How far is Ocala from the beach?
- 9 Has a hurricane ever hit Ocala FL?
- 10 What cities are between Ocala and Gainesville?
- 11 What is the closest major airport to Ocala FL?
- 12 What towns are near Ocala?
- 13 What is the closest beach to Gainesville FL?
- 14 What is the closest major airport to Gainesville Florida?
- 15 Is Gainesville FL a good place to live?
Is Ocala FL a good place to live?
Ocala is also a great city to live in for families. The median age is about 38.7 and there are many young kids. Beyond that, the Ocala demographics break down into 61.6% White, 19.4% Black, and 13.3% Hispanic. The poverty rate is about 20%, which is slightly above the national average.
Is Ocala a safe city?
Ocala is in the 51st percentile for safety, meaning 49% of cities are safer and 51% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Ocala’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Ocala is 26.36 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
Is Ocala north of Gainesville?
There are 33.96 miles from Gainesville to Ocala in southeast direction and 38 miles (61.16 kilometers) by car, following the I-75 S route. Gainesville and Ocala are 40 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Gainesville, FL to Ocala, FL. The halfway point is Orange Lake, FL.
How far apart are Gainesville and Orlando?
There are 95.79 miles from Gainesville to Orlando in southeast direction and 113 miles (181.86 kilometers) by car, following the I-75 S route. Gainesville and Orlando are 1 hour 44 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Gainesville, FL to Orlando, FL. The halfway point is Wildwood, FL.
What is Ocala famous for?
The surrounding farms are famous for their thoroughbred horses, in terrain similar to Kentucky bluegrass. Ocala is also known for nearby Silver Springs, Florida, site of one of the largest artesian spring formations in the world and Silver Springs Nature Theme Park, one of the earliest tourist attractions in Florida.
Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
Alligators can be found throughout all of Florida and in almost any body of water, but most common in the major river drainages basins and large lakes in the central and southern portions of the state. They also can be found in marshes, swamps, ponds, drainage canals, phosphate-mine settling ponds and ditches.
What is the best area of Ocala to buy home?
Here are some of the best places to find Ocala property:
- Silver Springs: Highway 40 is the main road through Silver Springs, running east and west and is located just above Ocala to the northeast.
- Belleview: Located south of Ocala, and just northwest from Lake Weir.
How far is Ocala from the beach?
Situated inland near the middle of Florida, the city of Ocala is 75 miles from the nearest ocean beach. However, white-sand beaches and tropical getaways can be found nearby in Ocala National Forest.
Has a hurricane ever hit Ocala FL?
Ocala has never been hit by a hurricane. Hurricanes either hit south Florida, travel up the Atlantic coast or go into the Gulf and hit the panhandle of Florida or travel west. Update 2017 Hurricane Irma hit Ocala.
What cities are between Ocala and Gainesville?
The best city between Ocala, FL and Gainesville, FL to meet is Orange Lake, Florida. The closest zip code to the midpoint is 32664.
What is the closest major airport to Ocala FL?
What airports are near Ocala? The closest airport is Gainesville Regional (GNV) (35.62 mi). Other nearby airports are Orlando Sanford Intl (SFB) (61.06 mi), Daytona Beach (DAB) (65.08 mi), Orlando All airports (ORL) (65.91 mi) or St. Augustine Northeast Florida Regional (UST) (71.61 mi).
What towns are near Ocala?
Cities near Ocala, Florida:
- Lady Lake, FL.
- Leesburg, FL.
- Gainesville, FL.
- Eustis, FL.
- Tavares, FL.
- Mount Dora, FL.
- Palatka, FL.
- Spring Hill, FL.
What is the closest beach to Gainesville FL?
5 of the Best Beaches near Gainesville, FL
- Jacksonville Beach is less than two hours away from Gainesville.
- Neptune Beach is a little further up the Florida coast than Jacksonville Beach.
- Flagler Beach is about an hour and forty-five minutes away from Gainesville.
What is the closest major airport to Gainesville Florida?
The nearest airport to Gainesville is Gainesville (GNV) Airport which is 3.8 miles away. Other nearby airports include Jacksonville (JAX) (70 miles), Orlando Sanford (SFB) (89.5 miles), Orlando (MCO) (104.9 miles) and Tampa (TPA) (117.1 miles).
Is Gainesville FL a good place to live?
Gainesville is in Alachua County and is one of the best places to live in Florida. Living in Gainesville offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes. Many young professionals live in Gainesville and residents tend to lean liberal. The public schools in Gainesville are highly rated.