What city is Gainesville Texas close to?
Gainesville, Texas is located on the I-35 highway that splits Texas and fuels the success of businesses located on this NAFTA corridor. We are capturing the growth of North Texas, just one-hour north of Dallas-Fort Worth.
Where in Texas is Cook County?
Cooke County is located in north central Texas, on the Oklahoma border. The approximate center of the county is at 33°40′ north latitude and 97°15′ west longitude. Gainesville, the county seat and largest population center, is located seven miles south of the Red River and seventy-one miles north of Dallas.
How big is Gainesville Texas?
Gainesville is a city located in Cooke County Texas. Gainesville is currently growing at a rate of 1.65% annually and its population has increased by 9.06% since the most recent census, which recorded a population of 16,002 in 2010. Gainesville reached it’s highest population of 17,452 in 2021.
Is Gainesville TX a safe place to live?
Gainesville is in the 48th percentile for safety, meaning 52% of cities are safer and 48% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Gainesville is 27.55 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Gainesville generally consider the southeast part of the city to be the safest.
What is Gainesville TX known for?
An important gateway into the great grassland empire of Texas, Gainesville became an important hub of commerce and one of the most significant cattle towns in the state. Gainesville was incorporated on February 17, 1873 and by 1890 was established as a commercial and shipping point for area ranchers and farmers.
What County is Lindsay TX in?
Where did the name Gainesville come from?
The Spanish ceded Florida to the US in 1821. Gainesville was established in 1854 and named after Edmund P. Gaines.
How did Gainesville get its name?
It is generally accepted that the new settlement was named for General Edmund P. Gaines, commander of U.S. Army troops in Florida early in the Second Seminole War. The railroad was completed from Fernandina to Gainesville in 1859, passing six blocks south of the courthouse.