- 1 Is Gainesville worth visiting?
- 2 What can you do in Gainesville for free?
- 3 What is good in Gainesville?
- 4 What is Gainesville known for?
- 5 How far is Gainesville from the beach?
- 6 What is the crime rate in Gainesville FL?
- 7 What is there to do in downtown Gainesville?
- 8 What is there to do in Gainesville at night?
- 9 Is Gainesville FL safe?
- 10 Does Gainesville have a beach?
- 11 Is Gainesville a good place to live?
- 12 What food is Gainesville known for?
- 13 Is Gainesville Florida expensive to live in?
- 14 What is the coldest month in Gainesville Florida?
Is Gainesville worth visiting?
Why You Should Visit Gainesville, Florida As the home of the University of Florida’s main campus, Gainesville has plenty of the things you’d expect from a college town: trendy restaurants, a hot nightlife, sporting events, and world-class museums. This makes day-tripping to or from Gainesville very convenient.
What can you do in Gainesville for free?
Don’t Break the Bank and Enjoy These 5 Free Things to Do in Gainesville, FL
- Hike the Trail at Alfred A. Ring Park.
- Have a Picnic at Depot Park.
- Tour the Florida Museum of Natural History.
- Visit the Matheson Museum.
- Go Bird and Alligator Watching at the Sweetwater Wetlands Park.
What is good in Gainesville?
Top Attractions in Gainesville
- Butterfly Rainforest. 1,200.
- Florida Museum of Natural History. 981.
- Kanapaha Botanical Gardens. 457.
- Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation. 220.
- Paynes Prairie. 474.
- University of Florida Bat House. 431.
- Sweetwater Wetlands Park. 215.
- University of Florida. 343.
What is Gainesville known for?
Known for its preservation of historic buildings and the beauty of its natural surroundings, Gainesville’s numerous parks, museums and lakes provide entertainment to thousands of visitors. Because of its beautiful landscape and urban “forest,” Gainesville is one of the most attractive cities in Florida.
How far is Gainesville from the beach?
Flagler Beach Flagler Beach is about an hour and forty-five minutes away from Gainesville. The seven-mile stretch of beach means that there is more than enough room for locals and visitors to spread out.
What is the crime rate in Gainesville FL?
With a crime rate of 45 per one thousand residents, Gainesville has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22.
What is there to do in downtown Gainesville?
You’ll Love These 11 Things to Do in Downtown Gainesville, FL
- Cade Museum. The Cade Museum is a great way to start your day in Gainesville.
- Depot Park.
- Matheson History Museum.
- Union Street Station.
- Third House Books & Coffee.
- Boca Fiesta.
- Manuel’s Vintage Room.
- The Arcade Bar.
What is there to do in Gainesville at night?
7 Things to do in Gainesville FL at Night
- Space Ultra Lounge. If you are looking for fun things to do in Gainesville at night, look no further than the Space Ultra Lounge.
- Arcade Bar.
- Florida Fun Bikes.
- First Magnitude Brewing Company.
- Kava Bar and Hookah Lounge.
- Rockeys Dueling Piano Bar.
Is Gainesville FL safe?
Is Gainesville, FL Safe? The F grade means the rate of crime is much higher than the average US city. Gainesville is in the 1st percentile for safety, meaning 99% of cities are safer and 1% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Gainesville’s proper boundaries only.
Does Gainesville have a beach?
Although there aren’t many beaches in Gainesville to take your loved ones, there are tons of coastlines near it that provide the perfect escape, like Jacksonville Beach. At this beach near Gainesville, you can have a relaxing time doing many activities.
Is Gainesville a good place to live?
Gainesville is in Alachua County and is one of the best places to live in Florida. Living in Gainesville offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes. Many young professionals live in Gainesville and residents tend to lean liberal. The public schools in Gainesville are highly rated.
What food is Gainesville known for?
Five Iconic Gainesville Restaurants
- The Swamp. The Swamp is across the street from the “Swamp” — otherwise known as Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, home of UF’s football Gators.
- Satchel’s Pizza. Satchel’s Pizza has been a Gainesville dining institution since 2003.
- Dragonfly Sushi.
- The Top.
- Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grille.
Is Gainesville Florida expensive to live in?
Gainesville’s housing expenses are 9% lower than the national average and the utility prices are 19% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 4% higher than the national average. Gainesville has grocery prices that are 4% higher than the national average.
What is the coldest month in Gainesville Florida?
Coldest month: January is the coldest month of the year with an average low of 42.3°F. Hottest month: The hottest month of the year in Gainesville is July with an average high of 90.9°F. Wettest month: The wettest month is June with 7.12 inches of rain.