- 1 What is the poverty level in Gainesville Florida?
- 2 How much are utilities in Gainesville FL?
- 3 What food is Gainesville FL known for?
- 4 What is the best area to live in Gainesville FL?
- 5 How far is Gainesville from the beach?
- 6 Is Gainesville FL safe?
- 7 Is Gainesville Florida expensive to live?
- 8 What does Bahama Breeze serve?
- 9 What is the coldest month in Gainesville Florida?
- 10 What is it like living in Gainesville Florida?
- 11 What airport do you fly into for Gainesville FL?
What is the poverty level in Gainesville Florida?
In 2018, Edwards said, the annual poverty threshold for a family of four in Gainesville was $25,465. The median salary for a local resident: $34,226. City officials are aware of the poverty rate in Gainesville.
How much are utilities in Gainesville FL?
Average Cost of Utilities (per month) $159.47.
What food is Gainesville FL known for?
Five Iconic Gainesville Restaurants
- The Swamp. The Swamp is across the street from the “Swamp” — otherwise known as Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, home of UF’s football Gators.
- Satchel’s Pizza. Satchel’s Pizza has been a Gainesville dining institution since 2003.
- Dragonfly Sushi.
- The Top.
- Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grille.
What is the best area to live in Gainesville FL?
7 Best Neighborhoods in Gainesville, FL
- Haile Plantation.
- Suburban Heights.
- University Park.
- Pleasant Street Historic District.
- Highland Court Manor.
- Hazel Heights.
How far is Gainesville from the beach?
Flagler Beach Flagler Beach is about an hour and forty-five minutes away from Gainesville. The seven-mile stretch of beach means that there is more than enough room for locals and visitors to spread out.
Is Gainesville FL safe?
Is Gainesville, FL Safe? The F grade means the rate of crime is much higher than the average US city. Gainesville is in the 1st percentile for safety, meaning 99% of cities are safer and 1% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Gainesville’s proper boundaries only.
Is Gainesville Florida expensive to live?
Gainesville’s housing expenses are 9% lower than the national average and the utility prices are 19% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 4% higher than the national average. Gainesville has grocery prices that are 4% higher than the national average.
What does Bahama Breeze serve?
Bahama Breeze offers all your favorites: burgers, salads, seafood, chicken —all with our island flair. From trying jicama or plantains to jerk chicken pasta, you can enjoy the islands one taste at a time, discovering new flavors and favorites along the way.
What is the coldest month in Gainesville Florida?
Coldest month: January is the coldest month of the year with an average low of 42.3°F. Hottest month: The hottest month of the year in Gainesville is July with an average high of 90.9°F. Wettest month: The wettest month is June with 7.12 inches of rain.
What is it like living in Gainesville Florida?
Gainesville is in Alachua County and is one of the best places to live in Florida. Living in Gainesville offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes. In Gainesville there are a lot of bars and parks. Many young professionals live in Gainesville and residents tend to lean liberal.
What airport do you fly into for Gainesville FL?
When you want to fly in or out of Gainesville you have two options. You can either choose to use the Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV) or the closest alternative which is the Orlando International Airport (MCO).