- 1 What is closest beach to Gainesville?
- 2 What direction is the Atlantic Ocean from Gainesville?
- 3 What is the ocean close to Florida?
- 4 How far is UF from a beach?
- 5 How far is Gainesville from the beach?
- 6 Is Gainesville Florida a safe place to live?
- 7 What airport do you fly into for University of Florida?
- 8 What is the closest beach to Atlanta?
- 9 Where is the bluest water in Florida?
- 10 What side of Florida is better?
- 11 What is the most affordable beach town in Florida?
- 12 What is Amelia Island known for?
- 13 How far is Newberry FL from the beach?
- 14 How far is Universal Studios from the beach?
What is closest beach to Gainesville?
Flagler Beach is the nearest beach spot from Gainesville, just a little more than a one and a half hour drive. This sun-kissed coastline is one of the best beaches near Gainesville, FL, offering you the perfect combination of sun, sand, and sea.
What direction is the Atlantic Ocean from Gainesville?
There are 72.78 miles from Gainesville to Atlantic Beach in northeast direction and 87 miles (140.01 kilometers) by car, following the US-301 route. Gainesville and Atlantic Beach are 1 hour 43 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Gainesville, FL to Atlantic Beach, FL.
What is the ocean close to Florida?
Much of the state of Florida is situated on a peninsula between the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Straits of Florida.
How far is UF from a beach?
Combine it with a visit to St. Augustine (73 miles from the UF campus), the oldest european settlement in the United States. Cedar Key on the Gulf is 59 miles from the UF campus and the Atlantic Ocean is just 50 miles from the UF campus.
How far is Gainesville from the beach?
Flagler Beach Flagler Beach is about an hour and forty-five minutes away from Gainesville. The seven-mile stretch of beach means that there is more than enough room for locals and visitors to spread out.
Is Gainesville Florida a safe place to live?
Gainesville is in the 1st percentile for safety, meaning 99% of cities are safer and 1% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Gainesville is 328.23 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Gainesville generally consider the west part of the city to be the safest.
What airport do you fly into for University of Florida?
The nearest airport to University of Florida (UF) is Gainesville (GNV) Airport which is 5.5 miles away. Other nearby airports include Jacksonville (JAX) (71.4 miles), Orlando Sanford (SFB) (90.5 miles), Orlando (MCO) (105.6 miles) and Tampa (TPA) (116.4 miles).
What is the closest beach to Atlanta?
The closest beach to Atlanta is the Beach at International Park in Jonesboro, Georgia. The Jonesboro Beach, as well as the beaches at Callaway Gardens (80 miles), Lake Lanier Resort (46 miles) and other area lakes make great day trips from Atlanta or quick getaways.
Where is the bluest water in Florida?
Which beaches in Florida have the clearest water?
- Destin, FL.
- Panama City Beach, FL (plus South Walton beaches)
- Siesta Key, FL.
- Key West, FL.
- Anna Maria Island, FL.
What side of Florida is better?
Let’s start with the east coast. If you’re looking for some serious waves, then the Atlantic Coast has it. If you plan to do a lot of surfing, body surfing, or boogie boarding in your Florida life, then you’ll want to consider the east coast.
What is the most affordable beach town in Florida?
10 Affordable Beach Towns in Florida
- Titusville. Median Home Price: $130,500.
- Sebastian. Median Home Price: $175,900.
- Port Charlotte. Median Home Price: $150,200.
- Fort Pierce. Median Home Price: $100,100.
- Daytona Beach. Median Home Price: $141,000.
- Venice. Median Home Price: $241,600.
- Palm Bay. Median Home Price: $136,600.
What is Amelia Island known for?
Amelia Island, Known as the “Isle of Eight Flags,” is Renowned for its Pristine Beaches and Clean Water, Natural Wildlife as well as World-Class Resort Hotels, Spas, Golf Courses and Restaurants. Amelia is 13 miles long and 4 miles wide at its widest point, located just south of Cumberland Island, Georgia.
How far is Newberry FL from the beach?
Distance from Newberry, FL to Atlantic Beach, FL There are 86.51 miles from Newberry to Atlantic Beach in northeast direction and 105 miles (168.98 kilometers) by car, following the US-301 route. Newberry and Atlantic Beach are 2 hours 7 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How far is Universal Studios from the beach?
The Daytona Beach Pier, 65 miles northwest of Universal Studios, recalls the simpler times of beachside amusement parks, with a Ferris wheel that rolls out an unparalleled view of the ocean and beach, a roller coaster and other attractions along the boardwalk.